…To Close More Life Insurance And Annuity Sales
Your prospect has made an important decision, they have decided to meet with you. Congratulations, you’ve made your ‘first sale’ to the prospect. You sold them on the reason for the appointment. Now, you want them to become your client. So, what do you do? Are you going to wing it like most agents and advisors? Or, do you have a set ‘step by step’ agenda for that appointment?
What do you want to accomplish at this first meeting?
- Do you want to make a good first impression… gain their trust, respect and build their confidence in you?
- Do you want to help the prospect to see and understand the problems he/she has, so that they will buy into the solution you can provide them?
One of the best ways to make a good first impression is by following a set, ‘step by step’ agenda throughout the entire sales cycle. You want to send a POWERFUL message to your prospect: “This meeting was important enough to justify advanced planning on my part.”
You are a professional financial services advisor. Having a well-rehearsed agenda reveals your preparation. Prospects and clients will know that you respect their time. An agenda demonstrates what they can expect throughout the process; you are thorough, leaving nothing to chance.
What’s included in your agenda?
- Do you tell your clients how you work, what they can expect from you, what it will cost them, and give them a brief outline of your credentials?
- Do you have a series of ‘thought provoking questions’ that gets them to think and talk about the problems their family and they face today and in the future?
- Do you have a set sales presentation (s) that demonstrates how your product and/or service will help them to solve their problems?
- Do you summarize what they have told you they want and need at the end of the sales presentation to show them you were listening to them and you understand their problems and concerns?
- Do you tell them that you are going to take all the information they gave you, back to your office and review it, so you can come back with your best recommendations?
- Do you present a written summary of the first meeting with written recommendations?
If you are not closing 9 out of 10 sales calls, is it because you don’t have a set, ‘step-by-step’ agenda?
How do create a ‘step by step’ agenda? You can do it by experimenting (trail and error). Or you can invest in our How To Close ‘9 Out Of 10™ Sales’… By Asking The ‘Right’ Questions… Videos! And, the scripts, questions, simple presentations, and closing presentations are all there, written out for you.
Yours In Success,
Jeremy & Lew Nason
‘The Nine Out Of Ten Guys’