Do you want to increase the amount of sales in your local area, within 5-10 miles of your home or office? Then you should spend a little time to become “locally famous.” You want the people in your community to see you as someone who cares; is the expert in their field; and is there to help them!
And, the great part is that it’s not difficult, but it does take consistency and commitment to build your company’s reputation in your local marketplace. The great news is that very few of your competitors are doing it. So, if your you decide to take this on, you’ll quickly generate an ongoing stream of local leads for your company.
Here are some quick ideas for getting your brand well known in your local marketplace:
- Write an article and get it published in your local newspapers, with your by-line and contact information… We have free articles in the Insurance Marketing and Sales Resource Center™ that you can use!
- Let your local news reporters know that you are available… for interviews, comments and advice on financial happenings in your specialty!
- Be a guest on a local radio or television program… They are looking for guests!
- Offer free educational workshops (adult education classes, etc.) for your church, synagogue, library and local organizations. (Lions Club, Jaycees, etc.)… We have scripted PowerPoint presentations, invitations, etc. all in our specialized systems.
- Get your event published in your local newspaper… before and after the event!
- Join or form a lead group… with local businesses in your community!
- Join and attend functions for your local Chamber Of Commerce… Be a speaker!
- Host or sponsor a charity event… heart association, or other awareness event!
- Be visible in your local community… Volunteer for local events!
- Publish your own newsletter for people in your community… or get your article published in a newsletter put out by another business! In the Insurance Marketing and Sales Resource Center™ we have free newsletters and free articles you can use!
- Get businesses to hand out your business brochure or some free gift with your contact information on it. Our personalized client booklets make a great brochure!
Consider, you may work for a great company, have great products, or great ideas, but what matters more is how much people trust YOU, whom YOU know, who knows about YOU, and the aura YOU give off around you. What other people think YOU can do is more important than what you have done!
And also consider, the person with the most connections wins. We have moved from the information age to a social one. It’s less about what you know, and more about whether you can work with other people to help them to solve their problems. So, you need to get and stay connected, or you’ll quickly become irrelevant.
The bottom line is… “You can’t hide your light under a bushel basket!”
Yours in success,
“The 9 Out of 10 Guys”