Everyday I get phone calls from agents asking me about our coaching. They want to know if our coaching can really help them. Can we really show them how they can make more sales? Can we help them to do it easier, with less work and frustration?
My experience tells me the answer is “yes.” In the 16 years I have been coaching agents (and the 21 years of study and work experience to get here), I have found some incredibly simple and yet powerful techniques to help people achieve the success they desire in insurance sales. However, when I say incredibly simple, I’m not saying it’s easy or it doesn’t require study, work and commitment.
Consider, many times we already know the changes we must make, we are just too busy or too overwhelmed by day-to-day business matters to implement them. Most of us know everything we need to do, to succeed. The only thing we are lacking is – follow-up. That’s why we need a coach.
Here are five incredibly simple things your can do to make your sales soar:
1. Decide on a Primary (Niche) Market. For some of you this may sound basic. You might say: “I want to work the senior market” or “I want to sell annuities.” However, the key here is to be very specific about your market. For example, what is the product you want to sell to the senior market – annuities, LTCI, Final Expense Policies, Medicare Supplements, etc.? Each of these products has a specific market segment that is easier to sell to. You are going to find it very difficult to sell LTCI to the very affluent or the people who are living just on social security. Even when selling annuities, there are several distinct market segments – conservative investors (CD owners), stock market investors, current annuity owners, IRA owners and retirees who are looking for more income. Then, many of these annuity marketing segments can be broken down into even more focused segments – such as people who are concerned about wealth transfer, estate conservation, asset preservation, etc.
“To achieve the sales success you desire
you must decide on a primary market!!!”
2. Become an Expert. Once you have clearly defined your niche market, then you need to learn everything you can about your primary market and the people in that market. Don’t people generally prefer to work with an expert? Think about it, isn’t it much easier to become an expert about one sales concept and the products involved with that one concept? And, isn’t it much easier to keep up with the new tax law changes and product changes etc.?
“You can be an expert any field of study with consistent
effort and consistent learning.” Lailah Gifty Akita
3. Develop a Marketing Plan. Once you become an expert in your primary market, then everything you do should be focused on attracting the people in that primary market to you. You’ll need to get the message out to these people. How will they benefit by meeting with you? You need to convincingly express the value of what you do, in everything you do. Isn’t it much easier and more cost effective to identify, stay in contact with and attract a smaller group of people who are interested in what you’re offering?
“Failing to plan is planning to fail.” Alan Lakei
4. Develop a Sales Presentation. You’ll need to clearly articulate how your service, product and experience will benefit your prospects. I call this “Knowing your story.” Until you really know your story, it is difficult to get your prospects to buy in. Isn’t it much easy to learn one sales presentation for one sales concept?
“Every individual has his own style, his own way
of presenting himself on and off the field.” Sachin Tendulkar
5. Establish Commitment. This is the action of binding yourself to a course of action. Dedication is part of this. You must truly believe in what you do and be committed to being successful! Commitment is one of the most underrated aspects of sales success. Is your mind concentrated, firmly resolved on a purpose?
“There’s always a way – if you’re committed.” Tony Robbins
It really doesn’t matter what you want to sell. There is no market segment that is better that another. If you want to be successful in sales, you just need to commit yourself to following the above steps…
Is there is something missing? Are you finding yourself going around in circles? A coach may be able to get you back on your road to success. The trained eyes and ears of a good coach help you see where you are on your journey. They’ll assist you to clarify your direction, layout the route, encourage intentional action, and get over obstacles.
“Success Doesn’t Come To You… You Go To It.” Marva Collins
Not sure we can help…
Call us Toll Free to schedule a No Obligation,
Free 15 Minute Consultation with Lew or Jeremy.
We guarantee you’ll be glad you did!
Toll Free In US… 877-297-4608 / Direct Line… 770-443-2852